Searching the web is the primary way consumers find local businesses. It is vital that your business is listed in the right places where consumers are looking. Not only do these listings help you to be found more easily, they also will boost your organic search rankings.
Here are the top listings that your business must have and should actively manage and keep up to date.
#1. GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
Listing your business on Google My Business should be at the top of your priority list. Google is by far the most used search engine and will make a big impact in your business. Over 40,000 searches every second are processed by Google!
• Completely FREE
• Your businesses is added to Google Maps
• Links to Google+ page with your business photos, videos, and more
• Customers can leave reviews
Sign Up for a free Google listing – www.google.com/business
Consumers increasingly turn to the web to find business reviews to help make their purchase decision. Yelp is a tremendously important website to find quality reviews. If your business can benefit from word-of-mouth advertising, then Yelp is the perfect place to be listed. Ask your customers to leave reviews. Happy customers are glad to help.
• FREE basic listing with paid advertising opportunities
• Create deals for loyal customers
• Message your customers, privately or publicly
• Stay connected with the Yelp For Business Owners App
Sign Up for a free Yelp listing – biz.yelp.com
#3. BING PLACES FOR BUSINESS
Bing is the second most visited search engine. If someone is not using Google, they are most likely searching on Bing.
• Completely FREE
• Quick and easy registration
• Content rich listing with photos, videos, and more
Sign Up for a free Bing listing – www.bingplaces.com
#4. YAHOO! LOCAL LISTING
Yahoo! is the third most visited search engine. About 12% of web searches are on Yahoo! so don’t ignore these consumers.
• FREE basic listing
• Monthly fee to add photos and videos (not necessary, unless your are seeing sufficient traffic)
• Paid option to be listing on 40+ directories (this can be ignored, there are better mass listing options – check out MoZ Local)
Sign Up for a free Yahoo! listing – www.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local-listings
DON’T STOP HERE! KEEP LISTING …
There are plenty of free and paid listings to be had on the web that can offer great promotional value to your business. Take some time to research listing websites that are specific to your industry and make sure your business is included. Spend a few hours each month adding more listings and updating your highest priority listings. Monitoring traffic in Google Analytics will get you a great picture of which listings are driving your traffic.